Whether you are a collector – from beginner to advanced, expert or dealer, confidence in what you buy is essential. That’s why people turn to the Philatelic Foundation for expertizing their stamps. Our newly updated “Why Expertize” page will take you through some of the reasons – with real-life examples – as to why you should place trust in our opinions. This page will highlight what you can expect on a certificate, protecting your investment by getting a certificate, some challenging areas of collecting and what grading can do to value.
Archives for March 2014
The Philatelic Foundation has had a change in certificate fee rates. Despite these nominal increases, the Philatelic Foundation remains the best value for expertizing and commands the greatest respect in the field of philately.
The changes in the rates will be as follows for all submissions:
– Fee: The percentage of submitted value has gone from 5% to 5.5%.
– Minimum Fee: The minimum fee has not changed and will remain at $27.00. Thus, not affecting most a majority of the volume of submissions.
– Maximum Fee: This will be raised from $650.00 to $1,000.00 (which only affects less than 2% of submissions)
The above fees will be regardless of the service requested (Standard, Priority and Express)
Foreign Stamps and Covers
– Minimum Fee: This will be $35.00 with the exception of a) overprints (including those not found genuine) and b) used examples in which the value is in the cancellation in which the minimum fee will be $50.00.
– Turnaround Time: While we do the best to turn around items within 30-35 business days, exceptionally difficult items may take 90-150 days.
– Services: As before, no Priority or Express services are offered on foreign stamps and covers and they cannot be in a “Keep Together” with U.S. submissions.
– Payment: Checks for payment must be payable to a US Bank. If payment is made by Euros, please add a 5% processing fee. If payment is made through PayPal, please add a 3% convenience fee.